A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Tuesday 26 August 2008

A daughter's success

My daughter's results - 4 As, 4 bs and 2 Cs. Roll on the 6th form!

And for those who have missed me - thank you. I have not been in a blogging mood lately. So much has been happening around my life.

As you can see, my daughter got good results in her GCSEs. Academically, people might say she did not do as well as me. I say she has got good, solid results, (A in English, B in Maths) and is going on to the 6th form. When I passed my exams, I had not had a elading role in a pantomime, or joined a street theatre group, nor did I have a girlfriend (boyfriend in her case), so she is a much more rounded person that I was (or may ever be!)

Dad is going downhill so fast. Mum attended a review meeting last week, and the upshot is that the care home he is in now can no longer provide the care he needs. It is a pity, since he was settled there, and the staff thought he was a character. However, over the last few weeks, he has become very aggressive, and they are worried that he could grab another resident and hurt them without meaning to. He is having problems with his catheter, and keeps undressing at all times of the day. So the upshot is that mum, my brother and his wife are going to start searching for a nursing home that can take him. I hope this does not go on too long. It is still wearing mum out, and he has no life at all - just an existence.

So now you know why I have not been around so much. I will try to do better...

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

It is good to hear from you. Congrats to your daughter for doing so well.
I am very sorry to hear about your father...it's sad that he's settled and you'll have to move him again. I hope your family is able to find something suitable quickly and that he settles in just as well.

Biddie said...

I'm sorry about your dad. I know how difficult it can be when a loved one needs care.
I'll be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to see your child/ren doing well and doing things that you know you missed out on. I know that is what I feel :-)

As for your dad, sorry to hear it. My grandmother did the same. Undressed and ran around so. Funny sometimes but sad at the same time.

Wonderful to hear what is going on in your life because I miss so much of what is going on. I really miss hearing from you more often.
Joanne :-)