A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Ouch!

Today was blood donors day. I have been giving for a while now, and so I thought nothing of yesterday. I was wrong.

I got there aftera reasonable session at the gym. I had done more on most of the exercises so was feeling good. I was early, so did not have to wait long before I was called in. I am always hoping that my blood level will be high enough - I am always at the low end, but have only been rejected once (though once they were on the verge of rejecting me and they tried the other testing machine, which showed I was fine!)

Anyway that went through, and so of I go to get onto my bed. It was my favourite helper there - a lady I got to know when I was working at M&S and she was a regular shopper. Anyway, as the nurse was putting the needle in and starting the flow, she caught it and it caught a nerve/ It was really sore - right down my arm to my fingers! I enarly jumped off the bed! The poor lady was so apologetic about it. She asked if I wanted to stop, and stayed there holding the needle because it was making the tiops of my fingers feel numb. She was lovely and could not have been more upset if it had happened to her! My heklper though was keeping an eye on me as well, so I was in good hands. Even the doctor is someone I know from the hospital!

So in the end it took me longer to get back on my feet, and was not allowed to leave until I had drunk all my tea! I felt ok but was taking it easy.

Thursday update - you should see the bruising on my arm!

1 comment:

trinitystar said...

Well ... now you know someones life maybe saved through you donating your blood. Good for you. The bruise will go soon.