A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Monday 14 April 2008

Settled

It sounds like the matter is settled. Dad is going to be in full time residential care from Wednesday, and it is almost certain that he will be in the place he is in now. This is really good news, as according to mum, he is settled there. He is quite happy to talk to his new friends in the lounge, though it does mean that he does not really welcome visitors, which is hard on mum particularly.

Other than that, though, it has made such a difference to mum. She is picking up her sewing again, and is able to go out to WI. And the fact that she is happier is making me much easier in my mind, and I am sure it is the same for the rest of the family.

Another thing is settled as well. I am going to move on from my current job. I have given them 18 months, and it has done what it needed to do. I am back on my feet, and have regained some of my confidence. It has also revealed some talents and skills I did not know I had, such as dealing with people. However, there are parts of it that I don't like - such as the way the staff are treated. So I will move on - I have a 3 month trial of a post at the hospital, and if that works out then I will be working there full time permanently. More of that anon...

1 comment:

Canadian flake said...

My fingers are crossed for Dad and for your new job...

Good luck!!