A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Monday 21 April 2008

Moving on

And so it goes on...

Dad is currently in hospital, after having an operation. We thought it would be a long wait, but a cancellation allowed them to bring him forward to today. At the moment he is still asleep, but the initial reports are that the operation was a success.

And my next step is being taken. My notice has been handed in, and now I am working out the time until I leave (6pm Saturday). The leaving do is on Friday, so I may have to go into work with a hangover on Saturday - one must keep up appearances, mustn't one? I have managed to get a a few things organized today, and with tomorrow being my last day off in the week for now, I am getting the boiler serviced and an electrician is coming round to give me a quote for some work I want to get done (outside lights in the back yard). I also want to make a marmalade cake and go and buy some bread. So I will have a busy morning, but I hope I can sew in the afternoon.

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

What a busy day off...how was your cake, i bet it was yummy!

How is your father doing now?

Canadian flake said...

Sounds like you will need to go back to work to rest from your day off..lmao.