A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Thursday 1 May 2008

Work work work

Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel black hole that knows how to read (Terry Pratchett)

So I started my new job on Monday. I am working with some nice people, though they are used to not having any men in there (there are only 2 of us!) I was told that I would be listening to calls on the first few days, and then starting to pick them up. The aim was for me to be confident with calls and pagers withing 3 months, whioch seemed a reasonable timescale.

I started on calls on Tuesday, and yesterday was introduced to pagers. With a bit of practice I should have basic bleeps (pagers) mastered by the end of the week. Now is that good or bad? Will I get bored when there is no more to learn? I hope not, as there is the variety of the calls that we get, as well as learning where to find things. I was told there will be some reception duties as well so we shall see how that goes.

The main thing is that I am enjoying it!

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

I am so glad you are enjoying it!

Canadian flake said...

I am really glad it is starting off well...I will keep my fingers crossed for you.