A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Sunday 1 June 2008

Work continues

"How is the new job going?" I hear you cry. Well I don't unless you shout it very loudly, but you know what I mean.

I went there for a 3 month trial. I must be doing something right, because after 3 1/2 weeks I was offered a permanent position!! So I must be doing something right. Bear in mind that the offer was made before I had done any shifts except days, so they must have confidence in me. I felt that was a real boost to me.

So now I have (another) application form to complete. I thought my days of completing application forms were over for a while, but here is hoping that this one will be the last. It will be something to do on my night shift.

Oh yes, the night shift. Tonight (Sunday) is the first of 7 that I am doing. I start at midnight and work through until 8. The lady I am working with this week is the same one who introduced me to the evening shifts last week. The evening shifts are when the paperwork is done, so I was being introduced to that. At the same time, I was passing on some basic hints about Excel to her, so it was a 2-way process. She has also been giving me advice about the night shift, like try to get some sleep in the evening and bring a couple of slices of bread in to make toast in the morning. We will see how it goes....

1 comment:

Canadian flake said...

Sending you good thoughts from Canada...I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it goes well. Glad you seem to be liking it so far.