A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Tuesday 13 January 2009

I ache - therefore I am ...

...or I am therefore I ache (Marvin, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Well I made it back. First visit to the gym today. and boy!, did it take it out of me! I only managed one set, and half my rowing, and that was enough. In fact, as I staggered off to the shower, it felt like it was more than enough!

And why the lay-off, I hear you cry? (I have very good hearing you know!) Well the good old Manx winter laid me quite low, with a cold the likes of which I have not had for many years. No it was not man-flu. but a good old fashioned cold. It coincided with one of the coldest spells of weather here for many years, so all I was fit to do was huddle in layer upon layer of clothes. I must have looked like the Michelin Man!

But the days are getting longer, the weather is warmer (for now anyway!) and I feel better. I hope this goes on for a bit!

No comments: