A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 8 December 2007

Horrid wet day

As the brooms of rain sweep down the valley, I sit and wait for it to ease off enough to make it worth going for the bread without getting soaked. I thought when the wind backed it would ease off, but that has not happened yet. When it is raining, I can tell the direction of the wind by which side of the power station chimney is wet. It was in the south but has now backed to the east (note that when the wind swings in a clockwise direction it is veering, and when it swings counter-clockwise it is backing).

Thank you for the messages of support after my last post. It really was horrible, but I am on the mend now. Apart from a little bit of numbness in the leg, and some weakness, I am as good as new. Which is why I am waiting to walk down to the bakery to collect my bread, and not wanting to get soaked.

Well the rain has eased off so I shall risk going out.

Update from later. I made it down town but the wind was horrendous!

3 comments:

Canadian flake said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you back to work?? I hope you are taking it easy and not over doing it....

jAMiE said...

How are you feeling now?

Unknown said...

This just keeps making think you suffered some kind of stroke. Are things all well in that respect? Do you have full use of your leg again? I know this is close to a year later but now would be good for me to see if you are still ok.
Joanne