A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Monday 31 March 2008

Its finally happened

The decision has been made. I think it was a case of bad news long expected - dreaded yet still a relief that you know.

What am I burbling about? Well, dad has been in respite care for the last 12 days. Mum has been so much more at ease while he was there. I was worrying how she would cope when he came home (he was due home this Wednesday). She could hardly cope when I was there, even with the sitter overnight and me trying to help all I could in the day. I think we are all relieved that she has made the decision that she has.

Now comes the easy part. All we need to do now is find somewhere that can provide him the care he needs in an environment he will be happy in - a piece of cake.

Some additional news

Mum spoke to Social Services and he will not be coming home. He has another 2 weeks of respite and in that time, they will try to find somewhere suitable that will take him. So watch this space...
.

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

I am sure it will be for the best...well done on making such a tough decision, your mother will be better for it too and will be able to be stronger to visit with your father in care.

Take care!

Unknown said...

A big decision but I am sure one for the best. Congratulations to you both and best of luck in progressing through :-)

Canadian flake said...

Sorry I have been gone so long...I am back and trying to get in the swing of things