A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 22 March 2008

What if...?

What if? What if? What if? What if?

What if – I had taken another A level?
Worked harder at school, gone to Oxbridge
Taken the academic route?

What if – I had spent more time in my books,
And less with my girlfriend?
Should I have worked and studied more?

What if – I had stayed in the UK
Rather than moving to the island?
Would it be better to stay with what I knew
Rather than throwing it all in for something unknown?

What if – I had worked harder at my marriage?
Did I ask too much from her?
Expect more than I should?

What if – I hadn’t had problems at work?
Stayed there and stuck it out
Sat there and taken it all?

Stop.
Turn the page.
Close the book.
I am here
This is where I am
And when I am

What if – the future is better than the past?

Nik White

2 comments:

Canadian flake said...

yup you can certainly drive yourself nuts with "what-ifs"...but all that does is make you nutso..

thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Glad you turned the page and tried something new. Adventures can be scary but ah what fun in the process.
Joanne :-)