A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Digging myself out

I just read the last post - you can change the first line about the meds!

I reread the side-effects - one of them is depression, and boy have I had it. It got to the point that yesterday, I could not face going into work. Thank goodness for an understanding and supportive management!

I spoke to them at length. The upshot was not to come in, but to see my doctor. I managed to get an emergency appointment (a minor miracle in itself!), and discussed it with the doctor. I was in such a state that I needed someone else to tell me what to do - I seemed to have lost my ability to make decisions. Anyway, as a result oif the visit to the doctor, I am on different medication. I also managed to get a short course of sleeping tablets to help me get some sleep (4 hours a night is just not enough!) - I took the dose last night and slept for 9 hours. I didn't even hear my phone going off even though it was right next to my ear. I feel a bit more positive this morning, so I will see how I can build on this. I still feel shaky and agitated, but I hope that is just the old meds working themselves out of my system.

I will keep you posted.

PS - M from London - thank you for the wool The colours are wonderful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that you have that sorted out(glad you went to the doctors) What about your pains? Are they still there? Or have they decreased more?
What are you making with the wool that you got? Any thing interesting :-)
Joanne :-)