A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Thursday 16 October 2008

Picking up the pieces

I am still here.

The meds are working (mostly). I am still getting some pain, especially at night, but it is not as bad as it was before. I am going back to work this afternoon - starting the 4 to midnight shift. I have been in close touch with the manager, and she was saying that unless I feel up to it, I should not go back to work (her words were I would get a slap if I did!) However. my feeling is that I am not going to get any better at home - I would be better at work and with people rather than sitting at home brooding.

One side-effect of the meds is that I have a disinterest in food. Yesterday, I had a banana for breakfast, a couple of sandwiches for lunch, and then a small helping of onion, beans and bacon at about 9pm. I have not yet eaten anything today, I may have some fruit in a bit. I will take my sandwiches as usual to work, and see how I feel. I will keep you all posted.

No comments: