A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Friday 22 February 2008

Friday at last

Well the week is over. What a week it was - 5 days of boredom mixed in with mayhem and lunacy (so what changes?)

The big news was the lack of news. I finally had my hospital appointment. The upshot was that there was no news. The doctor did not know what was causing the weakness in my left side. He was not even aware of the cyst, and he is also of the opinion that it is of no importance. So I still don't know what it is, only what it isn't.

And then we had a lot of fun today. A corporate order came in on Thursday, and so we were all ready for it. However they did not turn up until today. Due to confusion, we ended up with the original order being all confused, and there ended up with 5 of us desperately trying to complete the order. What is frustrating is that I had a word with the manager to say that these orders were going to tie us up, only to be told it was all in hand. Maybe now he will think again.

Thank goodness for the weekend (well Saturday anyway, as I am working Sunday). This evening was good - I had dinner with the vicar of Marown parish - a lovely man.


By the way - the translation? It is the Lord's Prayer in Manx.

1 comment:

Canadian flake said...

lol I chuckle everytime I read your stories about your work...because I have sooooo been there and done that...

20 yrs I worked in retail...and now I miss it everyday...never thought I would but I do...