A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Thursday 23 August 2007

Thank you Jamie!

A big thank you to Jamie! Being a complete newcomer to this, she has given me a lot of advice about how to bore the pants off you all (sorry - how to enlighten you!)

It is quite strange this. In the past, writing has been for a known audience or recipient. This is for anyone who cares to read it. Even my poetry (of which more later if you are unlucky) was written for someone specific, even if that person was me. I tend to write to get things down on paper (well virtual paper anyway as I compose better when I type than when I write) I wrote a load of stuff while I was unemployed last year, and some of it may appear here. Now I am working again, I don't have the time (or mental energy) to come up with much that was new. I did write something new recently - I will have to see if I can dig it out. A lot of what i wrote was influenced by what I had been through at my previous job, and may be a tad depressing - but it was real at the time. I may just put that on now...

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

Welcome to the blosphere my friend...i look forward to your posts!

Canadian flake said...

Just commenting here to let you know I read all the way back to your beginnings (blog-wise that is)..lol.

I will be back to visit again soon.

Unknown said...

Wish I knew about this blog when you started. Oh well I have somethings to catch up on now :-)
Joanne :-)