A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Friday 24 August 2007

WAW I

WAW = what a week

Ok, so maybe some of it was me. Not enough sleep is bound to make you tetchy. But did we have to get all the awkward and unpleasant customers on Monday and Tuesday? And on top of that, our revered leader decided on Thursday that it would be a good idea for us to stand out on the street and force leaflets onto strangers. I do not know where this idea came from - maybe there were too many customers and he wanted to get rid of them, but after 20 minutes I had not managed to entice a single passer-by into the store! Thank goodness, today (by dint of fast footwork, hard work, an email from head office and some hiding) I managed to escape it.

So to this evening. Once round Tesco then home over the sun-drenched hills. And perchance, a quiet drink in a wayside hostelry (ok I stopped at the pub) And then home for a dinner of beer and pizza (for details of the beer and pizza diet, check my links)

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

...i wish i could have joined you for a beer and pizza.

Unknown said...

Pizza yes! Beer no!!!
Joanne :-)