A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Monday 8 October 2007

The Drain

And for the benefit of any Londoners, I am not talking about the Waterloo and City line!

I am talking about the way energy can seep out of you. I had a reasonable (for me) night's sleep - getting to sleep at a reasonable time and waking up not too early. But oh, the effort to get through the day. Have you ever had a day when every effort feels like you are moving through tracle, and your mind seems so slow that you make mistakes while knowing that what you are doing is an error, yet you keep on until the mistake is complete? Well, that was my day. From mishandling a refund to allowing people to get my back up, it was a dismal day. Even selling a suit to our revered leader did not brighten my day. If I was to say that the high spot was going out to buy little coloured stickers, you will understand what a day it was. And the bus home? I was nearly asleep not once but 4 times. I got home and found my daughter was more interested in the TV and her new phone than in me (aren't teenagers wonderful? If anyone wants to find out, I can let you have her for a few quid (I can't afford to give much more with her - sorry (I love brackets))).

Actually, she is not too bad. I sometimes think that the teenager bit is a role that she thinks she has to play in front of her mother. Often when I get her alone, she seems much more attentive. She is working hard and also rehearsing for the pantomime, in which she has a speaking part (which part, she will not tell). The performance is in 5 weeks, so she is working hard at it.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow! I always have so much to do on my day off, but I would like to get out and take some pictures if the weather is decent. There are some lovely autumn colours, and I would like to capture them for the website.

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

I hope your daughter does well with her performance...and i hope you've been having better days.

Canadian flake said...

lol I can totally relate to the "teenager" thing...my daughter is 15 and sometimes I think she is going to drive me to drink..lol.

Teenagers...ya gotta love them...or kill them and hide the bodies well..lmaooooooo.

Cummal Bane said...

Flake

My daughter drove me to drink - and I never had the courtesy to stop and thank her. (with apologies to W C Fields)