A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 6 October 2007

WAW II

Well it is over. Saturday has been reached, more or less in one piece. And the silly thing is, it should not have been such a hard week. All it was was my standard Monday to Friday 37 1/2 hours. No late nights, no missed days off, no big events; just a standard week (in as much as any week there is standard)

Well, maybe there were a few things that affected it. The cold that I picked up last week has been dragging me down, as a result I have felt very under par for the first few days. When I was pocket searched on my way to the sales floor (they do random security checks), I had paracetamol in my pocket. What I didn't know was that I was supposed to have the ok from my section manager to carry it. Fortunately, she came downstairs after me and agreed that I was ok to carry tham. Thank goodness for management support!

Well that dragged me down for the start of the week. The rest of the week was just getting through each day. I felt better by Thursday, apart from being worn out. Put it this way, I was nearly asleep on the bus home a couple of nights. it is a good thing I don't drive in!

So now it is a sunny Saturday morning. My towels are already washed and out drying, my uniform is in the wash and I am looking at a relaxing day. Nothing to do except watch England lose at rugby. It should be all over by 4 as I cannot see them beating Australia in their current form. I was surprised they qualified from the pool stages! Oh well.

1 comment:

Canadian flake said...

Working retail can really tire you out...I did it for 20 years and now that I am doing different work, I actually miss it!!

Have a restful weekend and hope you are feeling better soon.