A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 13 October 2007

Every (under)dog has his day

Ok - it wasn't expected.

There were 2 matches today that should have gone to the superior force. In the Grand Final, St Helens were expected to beat Leeds. And in the rugby world cup, France were expected to beat England.

And yet, after 4 hours of rugby, Saints had lost to Leeds. and France were playing on the 3rd place play-off. This is the second Saturday of the underdogs, since England beat Austa#ralia and France beat New zealand last Saturday. Will it last to next Saturday? I hope so.

Oh and by the way, I finished work early so I could relax and enjoy these games. Truly, the day of the underdog!


5 comments:

Canadian flake said...

wtg congrats on finishing work early. Hope you enjoyed the games. I assume you are cheering for England to go all the way???? Or am I wrong???

Canadian flake said...

thought I should come back and apologize...I have been here reading all your posts and catching up on what I missed...so left you a number of comments...sorry if I was too chatty..lmao.

Be back again soon!!!

captain corky said...

I hope you got to drink some beer while you were relaxing and watching. Thanks for stopping by the log!

jAMiE said...

As long as you enjoyed yourself...i hope you did!

Cummal Bane said...

Flake - you can be as chatty as you want! Talk to me anytime - here or I chat online