A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 13 October 2007

Saturday

4:30. What is it about that time? I think someone must be getting up and shutting a door or something, because that is when I seem to be waking.

It was a heavy week this week. There was ticketing to do on Wednesday night, so I was in work until 9. Then I was in at 8 on Thursday. I finished at 3, but then had Tesco to do, so by the time I got home I was shattered. I went to bed early to try and sleep, but it took me ages to drop off. Then on Friday, 4:30 came and I was wide awake. So last night, I thought I would try to fool myself. I stayed up until 10:45, and read in bed until 11:15. Alas, it was to no purpose. 4:30 and I was wide awake. So I am now facing the prospect of a day in work with less than 12 hours sleep over the last 2 days.


And tiredness is cumulative. The less you sleep, the tireder you get. In my case, it sometimes seems that the tireder I get, the less I sleep, until I reach the point where I just crash comepletely. If I am lucky, it is during my weekend off.

Ok - so that is my moan. I am off to work now...

2 comments:

Canadian flake said...

so sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping...maybe it is your body's way of letting you know you are working too hard???

Hang in there and have a great weekend.

jAMiE said...

I hope you get some well deserved sleep soon.