A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Wednesday 2 January 2008

A bit more news

Blein vie noa to you all.

Though whether it will be a blein vie (a good year) may well depend on the 22nd of January. On that day, I have to go for an MRI scan at the local hospital. The appointment letter was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. I am not sure whether I want them to find something or to find nothing. If they find nothing then it means that I don't know what has been causing the problems - if they find something I will know what it is and what I am up against.

And if that was not enough. I sit down tonight to eat my sandwiches and read a little to relax after work. I am reading 'Full Circle' by Michael Palin. And on the first entry I read that he gets a message to call his wife to be told she has a benign brain tumour. Just what I needed to read!

So we will have to see if it will be a blein vie or a blein drogh (a good year or a bad year).

Update... I had to put the appointment back a week as I could not afford to lose the hours that week. I am already leaving an hour early on the Friday so I can catch an earleir flight to the 'other island' to see my parents - so losing 2 or 3 more hours was just too big an amount to make up in the week.

3 comments:

Canadian flake said...

my fingers are crossed for you...as scary as this all is, I have always believed that it is better to know...then be worried about the unknown.

good luck with the test...

Cummal Bane said...

Thanks Flake. I would also rather know what happening.

jAMiE said...

A good new year i hope...good luck my friend, keep us posted!