A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Thursday 3 January 2008

Made for corners

Have you noticed how some people seem made for centre-stage? They come in and attract attention - some do it deliberately, while others do it naturally.

I am not like that. I noticed it again when I was in church on Christmas Day. I was at St Johns, and felt most comfortable in the back corner. Don't ask me why, but I feel I am made for corners. I feel more comfortable there. I do not mind doing the minor things, the unimportant things, the little things. maybe that is why I like working in the shop? it is not the most glamourous of jobs, nor the best paid.

Just because I am in a corner, it doesn't make me insignificant. Just think of a stage performance. For the star of the show, how many people work behind the scenes. Or consider the credits on a film. Look how many actors are listed, and then all the people who work behind the scenes to make it all happen.

So let's hear it for the people in corners - the ones who do the 'little' jobs without which the bigger things could not be accomplished. Let's hear it for all the foot soldiers in a world of generals!

3 comments:

Canadian flake said...

I completely agree...the older I get, the more I am also meant for the corners...

jAMiE said...

I have always been a corner person too...here's to us!

Unknown said...

Cheers to us corner people :-)
Joanne