A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Friday 7 September 2007

I made it!

In one piece (well - more or less!)

So this is Friday. I slept late (for a change) and woke up full of energy and enthusiasm (how can you tell I am not going to work today?) I tidied up my clothes and did some laundry - and then it sort of fizzled out. I sat down at the PC and sort of never got up again, apart from making more cups of coffee.

Yesterday was a strange day. I could see 5pm closing in on me, and I was nearly there when I realised there would be a shortage of staff. So what did I do? Fool that I am, I volunteered to stay for an extra hour! I am a sucker for a hard luck story. But I hope it will show that I am willing to be flexible, which cannot be bad (I hope!)

And I am also going to be a BIG man at work! I have been co-opted onto the Business Involvement Group to replace someone who has left the company. I am not quite sure what it will ionvolve, but time will tell as they say. I stood during the elections but was unsuccessfull. As Di said, it was a pity that the elections finished as they did, as the three candidates who seemed really passionate about it were the three who missed out. I checked if it would put anyone else out, but was told I had been offered the post as there was noone else from Menswear. So we will see what becomes of it.

And now it is off to Tesco for my groceries - what a thrill-a-minute life I lead!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmm speaking of laundry, I have a pile that really should be started up. I am not able to use the line now as we are in fall (of the following year from when you wrote this) I will go down and do the laundry, well get it going and then return to life in the slow lane.
Hugs to you
Joanne :-)