A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 8 September 2007

Waking

Isn't it funny how the body reacts to things? Take a sudden awakening for example. During the week, when I am woken by my alarm clock, I am so tired and can just fall back to sleep (and my alarm clock has no snooze facility so I have to get up straight away!) And yet last night I was woken by a phone call - and could I get back to sleep? A friend needed to talk but when we had finished it took me ages to drop off again - and I do mean ages! We got off the phone about 1:15 and it was going on 3 when I finally dropped off. So my restful weekend is not going well at all so far.

However, I did have a good evening last night. I went out for a drink with someone from the Interior Design course that I did earlier in the year, and we ended up talking for about 2 hours. And it was not idle chat - we talked about work, home, family and quite a few other things (including the legal way to serve beer in Australia! (she is Australian (as you can see I like brackets!)))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY me gets to be first. LOL

Ain't it wierd that when a friend needs someone to talk to its always in the middle of the night. But you was a good friend to listen. ;)

Sounds like ya had a good time with yer friend from Australia. Its always good to have things like that happen huh??

Have a good day dude

jAMiE said...

You are a good friend!