A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Sunday 2 September 2007

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

No I am not deliberately swearing - it is the title of a song by U2!

An example of how the subconscious works. When I work, I set my alarm to go off at the same time each day, irrespective of when I start work. I am working today, but since I start at 11, I decided not to set my alarm. However, guess when I woke up? Exactly when my alarm was supposed to go off! Which leaves me 4 hours to fill before work!

Thank goodness for the computer. If I didn't have this I think I would go mad, or turn into a recluse. I do feel a bit like Pauline Collins in 'Shirley Valentine' - I talk to the walls and to the microwave. And some of the conversations I have with Pepsi have to be heard to be believed!

Oh well, I am off to finish my breakfast, get ready for work and say goodbye to my wall!

6 comments:

jAMiE said...

I do hope your day went well on Sunday...ps i love that song.

Anonymous said...

Jamie told me to come over and say hi. HI there.

If ya thinks that the conversations ya has with Pepsi has to be heard to be beleived, then you should hear the conversations me has with just about everything in me house when the boy aint home. They'd get me locked in a rubber room. LOL ;) ;)

Jay said...

I came over from Jamie's blog too.

I wake up at basically the same time every day too. It doesn't really matter time I go to bed either. Kind of annoying. LOL

Biddie said...

I wake up without an alarm. My dad hated them, and told me that I shouldn't need one, so I don't - just for back up. I wake up when I need to, unless I have been going through a seriouly rough bout of insomnia - then all bets are off....I wake up at 5:30 whether I need to or not.Yuck. That is one habit that I would love to break.

Oops. Hi. I came over from Jamie's place. Good to meet you. :)

Canadian flake said...

lol lots of Jamie stalkers here I see...don't be afraid..we are a good bunch..lmao

Cummal Bane said...

Canadian Flake - I haven't met a bad one of you yet!