A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Saturday 1 September 2007

What day is it?

If you want to see the human female at her worst, see her in a sale in a store. The human female tends to grab anything that looks like a bargain - then bring it back if it does not fit. The number of returns we have to cope with is beyond belief! The last 3 days have been like Christmas - with the exception that at Christmas, we have extra staff! Oh well, it keeps me out of mischief (and the chance to get into some would be nice!)

And what did I get? A shirt, 2 jackets and a pair of trousers. Summer wear but they will keep until next year. I love linen - and a £39.50 jacket for £5 was too good to pass up!

So here I am 4 days into a 9 straight day stretch. I foolishly said I would work Sunday (5 1/2 hours) as long as I got another day off. So I work Sunday and get Friday off - and I am already asking myself is it worth it? 9 days straight - so I will be exhausted and worn out. Oh well, it will soon be my holiday. I will work 8 days, have 3 days off, work 1 days, have 1 off then work 2 before I go on leave. Put it that way then it is not too bad!

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

Oh, i bet you can hardly wait for your holidays...will miss you for sure!

Canadian flake said...

hope you hung in there and didn't start beating on the customers at work..lol.