A Celtic Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
may the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Sunday 23 September 2007

Where did my holiday go?

I think there is some sort of time warp around here. I am sure you must have noticed it. Ten days ago, I was looking forward to my holiday. Now, suddenly, it has gone. Did anyone see it? I am sure I must have had it, as I remember some good times, but looking back it seems no time at all since I was at work. And tomorrow I am back in work again.

As I said, back to the grind. To be honest, I am not that down about going back - I have done most of the things I wanted to do, like spending time with my parents. Ok, so the house is a mess and I could usefully spend a couple of days getting it sorted (and maybe, finding the book I bought while I was away). But the problem with holidays is that you never want to do the things that have to be done. I will probably do more next Sunday on my single day off than I have done on the whole weekend that is just finishing. I am like that.

Just had my daughter here. She was using my PC because it has software that is not on hers. It is good to see her - even if it is just for a few minutes. And I think I helped her get done some of what she needed to do. And it makes me feel that I still am some use to her, apart from being a taxi service and cash dispenser. Though to be fair to her, she does not usually ask for money.

Ok - I had better head for bed. See you all soon I hope!

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

Holidays do tend to fly by, don't they.

Canadian flake said...

hope you enjoyed your holidays. They never are long enough are they? LOL